Tools and Resources
The Tools and Resources section of the Open Budgets Portal presents a wide range of materials and information on budget analysis and open budgets. The information is organized in the following sub-sections:
- BOOST and its Applications: This sub-section introduces BOOST, the data-cleaning technique used to create the databases presented in the portal. It also showcases practical applications of the databases.
- Public Expenditure Reviews (PER): A link is provided to the World Bank'sPublic Expenditure Reviews (PERs) database. PERs are the Bank's main vehicle for analyzing public expenditures. This sub-section also provides a catalog of recent PERs conducted by the World Bank using BOOST databases.
- Budget Analysis: This sub-section presents guidelines and handbooks explaining how to do budget analysis using a wide variety of techniques. Practical examples are also showcased.
- Open Budgets presents the work done by the World Bank to promote the cause of open budgets.
- International Initiatives: This sub-section presents information about international initiatives in the area of fiscal transparency and accountability, involving actors such as international organizations, country governments, and civil society organizations.
- Other Fiscal Data Portals:This sub-section presents a map with links to governments' fiscal transparency portals.