Development Marketplace 2009: Global Competition on Climate Adaptation
November 10 – 13, 2009 at World Bank Headquarters, Washington, DC
Visit the Development Marketplace website and the blog. On November 10 - 13 see live coverage of the event, interviews with finalists, and more.
The event is open to the public. If you would like to attend in person, please register using the website.
Agenda (all times Washington, DC)
- Opening Ceremony, November 10, 9:00am - 9:45am
- Marketplace Open - Meet the finalists, November 10, 3:30pm - 5:30pm
- Marketplace Open - Meet the finalists, November 11, 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Marketplace Open - Meet the finalists, November 12, 3:30pm - 5:30pm
- Award Ceremony, November 13, 9:30am - 10:30am
What is the Development Marketplace 2009?
The Development Marketplace is a competitive grant program created by the World Bank in 1998. This year's global competition focuses on climate adaptation. 100 social entrepreneurs and development practitioners from 47 countries representing the most innovative and high-potential project ideas on climate adaptation will present their projects, and compete for grants of up to $200,000. Funded by the Global Environment Facility
and other partners and sponsored jointly by the World Bank Institute
's Innovation Practice group and the World Bank's Sustainable Development Network
For more information on the finalists and the event, visit the Development Marketplace website or contact the Development Marketplace team at email@example.com