The game’s goal is to support social innovation among the world’s youth and had 19,324 people from over 150 countries registering to play by the time it came to a close.
In his latest blog post (August 23, 2010), Robert Hawkins shares data and reflections on the EVOKE experience.
Blog and News Coverage about EVOKE
- Read "Cybergame gives real boost to rural areas: Scholars solve problems at play" by Brendan Peacock (August 14, 2010) Times Live
- View the coverage from Voice of America (March 10, 2010)
- Watch the video clip (7 minutes) from CNN's American Morning (March 9, 2010)
- Read the Press Release: "World Bank Institute Launches Online Game EVOKE, a Crash Course in Changing the World" (March 3, 2010)
- Read Robert Hawkin's blog post about EVOKE (Feb. 11, 2010) on EduTech, A World Bank Blog on ICT use in Education.
- Read the YouThink! blog post "Get Ready to Change the World!" about EVOKE. (Feb. 8, 2010). YouThink! is the World Bank's website for Youth